CDDS Tools

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CDDS Tools

Post by Akkaal on Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:04 pm

Have the CDDS optional tool been updated recently? If they haven't been I can write up some quick tutorials on what they do and how they work. Those were all tools I had asked "was it possible to" and you did your magic and created them, so I know what they were created to do.

~ Akkaal

Akkaal

Back to top Go down

Re: CDDS Tools

Post by Admin on Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:41 pm

That would great. No, none of the tools have change.

http://cdds-and-tools.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkaal on Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:00 am

I wanna pick some peoples brains here.   I am nearing the end of my mass conversion project where I convert ALL of my content over to DIMs.  Before I ran into RunningDazMan and started helping him test CDDS, I had created several thousand DIMs.  So I have all these pre-CDDS DIMs that do not have a category embedded in them.  I don't use smart content, however, I do use the smart content tab in CDDS to assign it a category which saves me an insane amount of work.   So I was wondering.....

Where/how is the category data stored in the DIM?  Is it something I could open a DIM and insert a snippet of text?  Like opening 20 or so DIMs using Notepad++ insert <some text to assign a category> and then save the files?  Or is this something that would have to be done using the Update DIM utility?  Could it even be done using the Update DIM?

I'm not thinking of something to be added to CDDS, I'm just looking for a fast way to bulk add a category to some DIMs.  I'm hoping to avoid having to have to recreate the DIMs lol.

Any help would be great!

~ Akky

Akkaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:04 am

@Akkaal wrote:I wanna pick some peoples brains here.   I am nearing the end of my mass conversion project where I convert ALL of my content over to DIMs.  Before I ran into RunningDazMan and started helping him test CDDS, I had created several thousand DIMs.  So I have all these pre-CDDS DIMs that do not have a category embedded in them.  I don't use smart content, however, I do use the smart content tab in CDDS to assign it a category which saves me an insane amount of work.   So I was wondering.....

Where/how is the category data stored in the DIM?  Is it something I could open a DIM and insert a snippet of text?  Like opening 20 or so DIMs using Notepad++ insert <some text to assign a category> and then save the files?  Or is this something that would have to be done using the Update DIM utility?  Could it even be done using the Update DIM?

I'm not thinking of something to be added to CDDS, I'm just looking for a fast way to bulk add a category to some DIMs.  I'm hoping to avoid having to have to recreate the DIMs lol.

Any help would be great!

~ Akky
The category data is stored in the support.dsx file. Chances are the DIMs you made don't have that file so you would have load them into CDDS one at a time to set the category data as each support.dsx will be different.

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkaal on Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:44 pm

Thanks RDM! I'll have to let my OCD stew over it for a bit and see if it's gonna be worth it to my sanity go update all those pre-CDDS DIMs lol.

Akkaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:37 pm

@Akkaal wrote:Thanks RDM!  I'll have to let my OCD stew over it for a bit and see if it's gonna be worth it to my sanity go update all those pre-CDDS DIMs lol.
99.9% of the time OCD wins. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum