"Select All" when choosing files to apply metadata?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Select All" when choosing files to apply metadata?

Post by chickenscrotum on Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:52 pm

Pretty simple ask here, unless I'm missing something. I would just like the ability to Select All when choosing the files to apply metadata to on the smart content tab.

I don't think it's a secret that the the current interface for this is a little clunky (Don't get me wrong, it's still easier than doing it in DS). Not being able to see which folder of the file you are tagging makes things rather difficult, especially when there are multiples of files with the same name. Also, having to check each and every file separately in that tiny, unsizable window is pretty tedious when there are a lot of files in a package. I would like to be able to just select-all, set the content type and compatibility and then create the DIM.

The main reason for this, is that I've discovered a much easier way of editing the metadata in the dsx file. My current workflow is to just use CDDS to set the package name, SKU, artist, and product image. For every file in a package I just set the package type and compatibility. I then create the DIM. Once the DIM is created I pull out the supplement DSX file.

I then use Excel, where I have set up a simple XML map scheme that allows me to see the full path of the file and be able to set the category. Doing it this way I can see the full path of the file, and set the categories with bulk copy-and-paste. Finally, I export the new XML and reinsert it into the DIM zip file. Anyway, a select-all would speed-up this process. See below for an image of what I'm talking about.

Last edited by chickenscrotum on Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correction)

chickenscrotum

Back to top Go down

Re: "Select All" when choosing files to apply metadata?

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:38 pm

That's already an option in the test build 1.0.6.1 also the the smart content tab has went threw some changes since
1.0.6.0. One other thing if you don't want the supplement DSX file you can turn off the option to create it under
setting/options.

http://cdds-and-tools.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum