Custom DIM Designer Studio & Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double names in the file name

2 posters

Go down

Double names in the file name Empty Double names in the file name

Post by Akkaal Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:37 pm

Hi,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you!  Hurricane Irma had a field day down here so I've been crazy busy!

Anyway, I've had a few days to work on renaming a back log of files I plan to DIM this weekend and I have run across bug in the "new" version of the Rename Tool .  Previously when I used the tool, I would put the file name I wanted things renamed to and then I would drag and drop the whole ReadMe's folder onto the bottom text box of the renaming tool.  When I did that the tool would.

Rename any file name with readme (Read Me, Readme, ReadMe etc.etc) in the name so that the new file name would be <Name I Picked_ReadME)   It would do the same for any file that had some variation of "license" in the file name so that the new file name would be <Name I Picked_License.  It would also go into my "Pics" subfolder and rename and number any image file in there.  So instead of having meaningless names like ps_123453_tx, MainDemo_3234, or 12837846548234, it would completely rename the images to Name I Picked_01, Name I Picked_02 and Name I Picked_03.  This tool has been a phenomenal help to me.  For the first time, EVER, I now have ReadMe files, Licenses, Tutorials, Render Settings and even Template folders that are organized.  I Just can't say enough good things about this little tool!!

However, I have found a bug in the new version.  It does add a "_LIST" to any file in my Product List folder which is what requested previously.  The down side is that now the tool doesn't remove the original name of the file, it just adds the "Name I PickedXX) to the end of the file name.  It also drops the underscore now too   I've put some examples below so you can see more clearly what I mean lol.

Used to do                                     Does now

The Unicorn_ReadMe.txt               172834_MainDemoThe UnicornReadMe.txt
The Unicorn_License.txt                RDNAThe UnicornLicense.txt
(Not a function before)                  Product Files_172834The UnicornLISTS.txt

I have to double check when I get home tonight, but I am pretty sure it didn't do this when it renamed image files in my pic folders.  I can send you a folder of what it's doing if I didn't explain it clearly enough.

This weekend I am going to be putting testing 33 through a marathon testing, so I may have feedback on that later.  I am curious to see how poser files are handled in the smart content portion of CDDS.

Cya later!

~ Akkaal

Akkaal

Back to top Go down

Double names in the file name Empty Re: Double names in the file name

Post by Admin Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:59 pm

Sorry for the late reply unfortunately I had to deal with Irma's mess too. I'll look into the problem.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://cdds-and-tools.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:33 am

I just uploaded an update that should fix the naming problem.
https://cdds-and-tools.forumotion.com/t74-file-rename-1-05#1222
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkaal Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:00 am

The problem is fixed! Thank you!!! It's working like a dream!

Akkaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:56 am

Glad to hear it's working right now. It will also rename old .htm readMe's too.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down