1.0.5.7 Issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1.0.5.7 Issues

Post by MrMechano on Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:29 pm

Just did a Character and came across 2 issues. 1 is new and 2 is an older issue that I hadn't got around to checking out yet.

1) The Warning that was added to the Smart Content tab multiplied every time I hit the Update button. At the end of the session the product, which has many Categories and Content Types, was popping up 20-30 or more Warning dialogues. Makes the Smart Content tab very hard to use. I think I accidentally checked the "Custom Compatibility" instead of the "Is Actor?" so that may have something to do with it. I will do another character to see if I continue having the issue. Despite all those popup warnings there was no problem in the Support .dsx file.

2) A Serious Bug that causes DIM files that install okay but have one or many files which do not work in Daz Studio. It seems this is caused by CDDS compressing .duf files that are already compressed thus making them unreadable to Daz Studio. Not sure even why these files are being compressed before Zipping up the final DIM file. It is not necessary for any reason unless you are trying to save room on HD after the product is installed or something. Maybe this has something to do with the Option to "Decompress Files on Load". If so well... those compressed .duf files are NOT being Decompressed on load in the DIM tab so that might be the cause of the issue. Either way it needs to be fixed I guess Smile

I'm not sure exactly what need there is to "Decompress On Load" anyway to be honest. I guess you have your reasons. Starting few months ago I started unzipping the DIM, copying the original Content files over the ones in the DIM and then recompressing the whole thing again. That fixes the bad files of course, and since I had to always correct some things by hand in the Support .dsx file anyway it didn't add much to the time I spent on a product. That's why I didn't investigate until today. But at least I found out why the files didn't work in Daz Studio. I had tried unzipping the .duf file before and when it was unreadable in Notepad++ I just assumed the file was somehow corrupted. Good thing I had the idea to decompress the already decompressed file I guess.

I'll check the first bug with another product ASAP.


Last edited by MrMechano on Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification.)
avatar
MrMechano

Posts : 332
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.0.5.7 Issues

Post by MrMechano on Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:50 pm

@MrMechano wrote:1) The Warning that was added to the Smart Content tab multiplied every time I hit the Update button. At the end of the session the product, which has many Categories and Content Types, was popping up 20-30 or more Warning dialogues. Makes the Smart Content tab very hard to use. I think I accidentally checked the "Custom Compatibility" instead of the "Is Actor?" so that may have something to do with it. I will do another character to see if I continue having the issue. Despite all those popup warnings there was no problem in the Support .dsx file.
This issue was the same with the second character that I did also. Luckily it had much fewer options so I didn't have to click so many confirmation buttons Smile

I'll check with Clothing next just to be sure.
avatar
MrMechano

Posts : 332
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.0.5.7 Issues

Post by MrMechano on Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:31 pm

Did a clothing set and found the same issue.

I'm not sure I understand the warning anyway. It's a bit confusing saying that Updating will cause errors in the support file.
Maybe you didn't understand the bug report I made before. Or probably I did a bad job of explaining, LOL.

The bug that I was reporting was NOT caused by Updating the .duf file for a second time. It was caused by doing things in a certain order:
1) Clicking the "V" button to select the Some_Product_1234.duf geometry for the Base Compatibility for the item.
2) Clicking the Custom Compatibility checkbox and setting the Custom Compatibility.
3) Setting the remaining Categories, etc.
4) Clicking Update.

This caused the following to appear in the Support file:
Code:
<ObjectCompatibility VALUE="/data/Vendor/Product/Product_Name_12345.dsf#Product_Name_12345.dsf" REF="Select Compatibility...."/>

Basically I was in a hurry to see if the ata/data bug was fixed so I started with the Base Compatibility first. I'm guessing that the content of that piece of the Support .dsx file is set AFTER selecting Base Compatibility and BEFORE clicking Update Select File(s). Though of course I don't know for certain because I am not the programmer Smile

Maybe just disable the Base Compatibility if there is no Custom Compatibility set before? Dunno if that is possible.


Last edited by MrMechano on Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification.)
avatar
MrMechano

Posts : 332
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.0.5.7 Issues

Post by MrMechano on Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:55 pm

@MrMechano wrote:2) A Serious Bug that causes DIM files that install okay but have one or many files which do not work in Daz Studio. It seems this is caused by CDDS compressing .duf files that are already compressed thus making them unreadable to Daz Studio. Not sure even why these files are being compressed before Zipping up the final DIM file. It is not necessary for any reason unless you are trying to save room on HD after the product is installed or something. Maybe this has something to do with the Option to "Decompress Files on Load". If so well... those compressed .duf files are NOT being Decompressed on load in the DIM tab so that might be the cause of the issue. Either way it needs to be fixed I guess Smile

I'm not sure exactly what need there is to "Decompress On Load" anyway to be honest. I guess you have your reasons. Starting few months ago I started unzipping the DIM, copying the original Content files over the ones in the DIM and then recompressing the whole thing again. That fixes the bad files of course, and since I had to always correct some things by hand in the Support .dsx file anyway it didn't add much to the time I spent on a product. That's why I didn't investigate until today. But at least I found out why the files didn't work in Daz Studio. I had tried unzipping the .duf file before and when it was unreadable in Notepad++ I just assumed the file was somehow corrupted. Good thing I had the idea to decompress the already decompressed file I guess.

Did some further testing and checking. Seems this doesn't occur when only the DIM tab is used. So the errors happen in the Smart Content tab. I have even less idea why any compression of .duf files is going on there. But I guess that the "Decompress on Load" option is not relevant here Smile
avatar
MrMechano

Posts : 332
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.0.5.7 Issues

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:39 pm

@MrMechano wrote:Just did a Character and came across 2 issues. 1 is new and 2 is an older issue that I hadn't got around to checking out yet.

1) The Warning that was added to the Smart Content tab multiplied every time I hit the Update button. At the end of the session the product, which has many Categories and Content Types, was popping up 20-30 or more Warning dialogues. Makes the Smart Content tab very hard to use. I think I accidentally checked the "Custom Compatibility" instead of the "Is Actor?" so that may have something to do with it. I will do another character to see if I continue having the issue. Despite all those popup warnings there was no problem in the Support .dsx file.

2) A Serious Bug that causes DIM files that install okay but have one or many files which do not work in Daz Studio. It seems this is caused by CDDS compressing .duf files that are already compressed thus making them unreadable to Daz Studio. Not sure even why these files are being compressed before Zipping up the final DIM file. It is not necessary for any reason unless you are trying to save room on HD after the product is installed or something. Maybe this has something to do with the Option to "Decompress Files on Load". If so well... those compressed .duf files are NOT being Decompressed on load in the DIM tab so that might be the cause of the issue. Either way it needs to be fixed I guess Smile

I'm not sure exactly what need there is to "Decompress On Load" anyway to be honest. I guess you have your reasons. Starting few months ago I started unzipping the DIM, copying the original Content files over the ones in the DIM and then recompressing the whole thing again. That fixes the bad files of course, and since I had to always correct some things by hand in the Support .dsx file anyway it didn't add much to the time I spent on a product. That's why I didn't investigate until today. But at least I found out why the files didn't work in Daz Studio. I had tried unzipping the .duf file before and when it was unreadable in Notepad++ I just assumed the file was somehow corrupted. Good thing I had the idea to decompress the already decompressed file I guess.

I'll check the first bug with another product ASAP.

The Warning was only to show up once when the button is click. (I'll get that fixed).

Yes, the files are being compressed to save on HD space. Duping on the content size by compressed the files before zipping the zip size can be reduced by a few KB to several MB. let say you had 100 zips you compressed them save 1MB on each the total HD space save would be 100MB. (I'll get that fix too. But if compress that import to most I could add an option to turn off compress.)

"Decompress On Load" is only really useful if you want to see the info in the files in the UI. The only apply to Daz DIMs as they compress or DIMs CDDS made.

_________________
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 523
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2016-11-16

http://cdds-and-tools.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.0.5.7 Issues

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:53 pm

@MrMechano wrote:Did a clothing set and found the same issue.

I'm not sure I understand the warning anyway. It's a bit confusing saying that Updating will cause errors in the support file.
Maybe you didn't understand the bug report I made before. Or probably I did a bad job of explaining, LOL.

The bug that I was reporting was NOT caused by Updating the .duf file for a second time. It was caused by doing things in a certain order:
1) Clicking the "V" button to select the Some_Product_1234.duf geometry for the Base Compatibility for the item.
2) Clicking the Custom Compatibility checkbox and setting the Custom Compatibility.
3) Setting the remaining Categories, etc.
4) Clicking Update.

This caused the following to appear in the Support file:
Code:
<ObjectCompatibility VALUE="/data/Vendor/Product/Product_Name_12345.dsf#Product_Name_12345.dsf" REF="Select Compatibility...."/>

Basically I was in a hurry to see if the ata/data bug was fixed so I started with the Base Compatibility first. I'm guessing that the content of that piece of the Support .dsx file is set AFTER selecting Base Compatibility and BEFORE clicking Update Select File(s). Though of course I don't know for certain because I am not the programmer Smile

Maybe just disable the Base Compatibility if there is no Custom Compatibility set before? Dunno if that is possible.

The warning is if you have already save info for a .duf file and you change the info then try to update it again there is a 99.99% chance the Support file info will get messed up. It's a bug I found and will be fixed later by fixing it now I would have to redo it when I change the code so the Support files can be reloaded for editing.


Last edited by Admin on Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)

_________________
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 523
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2016-11-16

http://cdds-and-tools.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.0.5.7 Issues

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:59 pm

@MrMechano wrote:
@MrMechano wrote:2) A Serious Bug that causes DIM files that install okay but have one or many files which do not work in Daz Studio. It seems this is caused by CDDS compressing .duf files that are already compressed thus making them unreadable to Daz Studio. Not sure even why these files are being compressed before Zipping up the final DIM file. It is not necessary for any reason unless you are trying to save room on HD after the product is installed or something. Maybe this has something to do with the Option to "Decompress Files on Load". If so well... those compressed .duf files are NOT being Decompressed on load in the DIM tab so that might be the cause of the issue. Either way it needs to be fixed I guess Smile

I'm not sure exactly what need there is to "Decompress On Load" anyway to be honest. I guess you have your reasons. Starting few months ago I started unzipping the DIM, copying the original Content files over the ones in the DIM and then recompressing the whole thing again. That fixes the bad files of course, and since I had to always correct some things by hand in the Support .dsx file anyway it didn't add much to the time I spent on a product. That's why I didn't investigate until today. But at least I found out why the files didn't work in Daz Studio. I had tried unzipping the .duf file before and when it was unreadable in Notepad++ I just assumed the file was somehow corrupted. Good thing I had the idea to decompress the already decompressed file I guess.

Did some further testing and checking. Seems this doesn't occur when only the DIM tab is used. So the errors happen in the Smart Content tab. I have even less idea why any compression of .duf files is going on there. But I guess that the "Decompress on Load" option is not relevant here Smile

Right the "Decompress on Load" option is not relevant to the Smart Content Tab only when loading a zip. If the zip isn't compress then "Decompress on Load" option is skipped.

_________________
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 523
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2016-11-16

http://cdds-and-tools.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.0.5.7 Issues

Post by Admin on Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:39 am

So the only problems are....
1. The Warning message
2. The compress on the Smart Content Tab

If I missed anything or you find more let me know ASAP. As I would like to get the bigger bugs fixed so I can start on adding
more functionality to the Smart Content Tab.

_________________
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 523
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2016-11-16

http://cdds-and-tools.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.0.5.7 Issues

Post by Admin on Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:56 am

Try this one the Warning message should work right now.
The compression for the Smart Content Tab should be fixed.
Fixed a bug where the DIMs without smart content where not being compressed.


Last edited by Admin on Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed download.)

_________________
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 523
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2016-11-16

http://cdds-and-tools.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.0.5.7 Issues

Post by MrMechano on Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:05 am

I must have misunderstood the reason that the warning was there. I guess if it was working correctly I would have not even seen it since I wasn't re-Updating anything.

At least now I understand the compression. It's actually a pretty good idea because some .duf files do take a lot of room after installation. Maybe you could add a check to see if a file is already compressed before compressing again? The content I have looked at varies wildly as far as .duf files being compressed. Some vendors do all, some none and the rest somewhere in between. So it probably isn't really feasible to make the compression an option unless there is a check.

Of course maybe you have already done that so I guess I better just try the new version!

Now that I think of it I guess that fixing the decompression would also fix the double compression issue. Whatever you decide (or already did) is great anyway. It's silly of me to speculate on fixing a problem that may no longer exist.
avatar
MrMechano

Posts : 332
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.0.5.7 Issues

Post by MrMechano on Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:28 am

After testing with a Character I can't find any serious issues at all. Double compression is fixed. Saw the Popup Warning to select Compatibility before Base Compatibility. Did not see any other Warnings.

The only thing I can find is quite a small issue and maybe you can't even call it a bug. After setting Base Compatibility/Actor the "/Genesis 3/Female" is still visible in the #2 Compatibility box. Because of that  I did not set the Compatibility in the #1 box. The info in the #2 box seems not to be used if Base Compatibility is not being set so of course when going to Zip the files at the end I got the popup warning and a list of assets that were not completed and I had to start over again from the beginning. Suggestion: Clear the #2 Compatibility box after setting Base Compatibility. That would give a better indication that the first box needs to be filled. Or I guess you could do a check to see if the #1 Compatibility box is empty (unless "No Compatibility" is selected or Base Compatibility is being set) and popup a warning if it is. Or both Smile I guess the check would help eliminate some occasions of needing to do things a second time also.
avatar
MrMechano

Posts : 332
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.0.5.7 Issues

Post by Admin on Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:51 am

CDDS ( 1.0.5.8 ) uploaded

With the suggestion: Clear the #2 Compatibility box after setting Base Compatibility.

_________________
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 523
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2016-11-16

http://cdds-and-tools.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.0.5.7 Issues

Post by MrMechano on Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:59 am

I'll check the new version out ASAP. Thanks a lot!
avatar
MrMechano

Posts : 332
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.0.5.7 Issues

Post by Admin on Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:10 am

You're welcome, hopefully the major bug are gone so I can focus on adding more functionality to the Smart Content Tab.

_________________
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 523
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2016-11-16

http://cdds-and-tools.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

1.0.5.8 Tested

Post by MrMechano on Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:31 am

Checked it out with a Clothing set and found no bugs, errors or glitches. Clearing the #2 Compatibility box works perfectly.

Looks like you can start your new features with a clean slate Cool
avatar
MrMechano

Posts : 332
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.0.5.7 Issues

Post by MrMechano on Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:40 am

Well crap.

I just went to start on a new product and I see there is a new "temp" folder containing the content of the last item I did in the CDDS base folder. Of course this may not be an issue and is intended behaviour. But I thought I should report it anyway.


Last edited by MrMechano on Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)
avatar
MrMechano

Posts : 332
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.0.5.7 Issues

Post by MrMechano on Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:57 am

@MrMechano wrote:Well crap.

I just went to start on a new product and I see there is a new "temp" folder containing the content of the last item I did in the CDDS base folder. Of course this may not be an issue and is intended behaviour. But I thought I should report it anyway.
Just checked with a new product and the "temp" folder is not being cleared at all so the new DIM contains all of the content of the previous DIM (Except not Textures).
avatar
MrMechano

Posts : 332
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.0.5.7 Issues

Post by MrMechano on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:01 am

One more Clarification. The Manifest.dsx and the Support *.dsx files are not affected. The zip just contains extra files.
avatar
MrMechano

Posts : 332
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.0.5.7 Issues

Post by Admin on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:01 am

@MrMechano wrote:Well crap.

I just went to start on a new product and I see there is a new "temp" folder containing the content of the last item I did in the CDDS base folder. Of course this may not be an issue and is intended behaviour. But I thought I should report it anyway.

That folder can safely deleted sometimes when CDDS is done making a DIM when it does it's cleanup the folder is still being used and can't be deleted.
I'll have CDDS check for that folder on start up and delete it in the next update.

_________________
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 523
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2016-11-16

http://cdds-and-tools.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.0.5.7 Issues

Post by MrMechano on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:03 am

Yeah I see that the temp folder is gone now so just an occasional thing. Better to catch it now than later I guess.
avatar
MrMechano

Posts : 332
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.0.5.7 Issues

Post by Admin on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:27 am

Yeah, it doesn't happen often I guess that's why I haven't put a startup check for it I have been focusing on fixing major bugs and not
being a constant thing I forget about it.

_________________
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 523
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2016-11-16

http://cdds-and-tools.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.0.5.7 Issues

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum