Metadata Tutorial

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Metadata Tutorial

Post by MrMechano on Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:21 pm

Before you do base compatibility do the regular compatibility. In the case of a prop you check the "Custom" checkbox and either take the suggested name for it or use something different. In most cases the Suggested name is enough. Click okay (you only need to check the "Save Custom" box in that dialogue if it has material sets or something with it. Then click on the entry you just made so it is highlighted and the last is to click the base compatibility again. Click "Load" and it should find that .dsf in /data/whatever. And that's basically it.

So basically it looks like you just didn't have the compatibility highlighted when you tried to do the base.
MrMechano

Back to top Go down

Post by kleinefotoman on Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:08 am

Thanks for the reply MrMechano,

Just to clarify. With 'regular compatibility' you mean filling in the '(custom) compatibility'. Okay, first filling that in makes sense.
I was okay with the suggested name so I clicked 'done' (at that time I had also marked the 'save custom' CheckBox).
Then click on the entry you just made so it is highlighted
Interesting, this might be a problem. I guess you mean by 'entry' the String in the 'Compatibility' TextBox.
I clicked on it so the TextBox has Focus (cursor in the TextBox). Then I click on the Button right to the 'Base Compatibility' TextBox.
The aforementioned popup (or better to say MessageBox) comes up with the "Select compatibility before selecting Base Compatibility".

Maybe I ran into a bug? I am running version 1.0.6.1 (Alpha). If so, than I am sorry if this is a known issue. I might have been better putting my initial post in another thread.

kleinefotoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:42 am

Try using the second compatibility box then after you set the object compatibility uncheck the custom check box
it will move the custom name to the first compatibility box.

http://cdds-and-tools.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kleinefotoman on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:10 pm

Thanks, that worked.

kleinefotoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:20 pm

You're welcome. The smart content tab in the 1.0.6.1 is a little tricky for some things. The new smart content tab
in the test build and in the next release is much better.

http://cdds-and-tools.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMechano on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:13 pm

Ahh. Sorry I read you were using 1.0.6.1 but probably "saw" 1.0.6.2 so my instructions probably made no sense Embarassed
MrMechano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum